Nigeria's richest woman, Folorunso Alakija clocks 66 today! She is the Richest black woman in the world and a Nigerian businesswoman.
Here are Ten things you didn't know about Nigeria's Richest Woman, Folorunso Alakija as she clocks 66!
- In 2014 she unseated Oprah Winfrey as the richest woman of African descent in the world
- She has an estimated net worth of over $2.1 billion!
- She is listed as the second most powerful woman in Africa after Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and the 87th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes
- She born to the family of Chief L. A. Ogbara in Ikorodu, Lagos State.
- At age seven, she travelled to the United Kingdom to begin a four-year primary education at Dinorben School for Girls in Hafodunos Hall in Llangernyw, Wales.
- She studied secretarial studies at Pitman's Central College, London.
- She also studied fashion design at the American College, London and the Central School of Fashion.
- Folorunsho has a foundation called the Rose of Sharon Foundation that helps widows and orphans by empowering them through scholarships and business grants.
- Folorunsho married a lawyer, Modupe Alakija in November 1976.
- She has four sons. Her nephew is the Nigerian, DJ Xclusive.
Happy birthday ma, Age with Grace